Today the amazing and wonderful Christina of Lifebeinggirly is sharing some tips for your big day! Again, even if you aren’t getting married soon you can at least read this advice and maybe use it in the future for yourself or to help a friend when they are getting married.
Weddings are beautiful celebrations filled with happiness, excitement, and love. It is truly bliss to experience a wedding day, whether you are the bride, in the bridal party, or attendee. There really is love in the air, and perhaps it’s the bubbly champagne you’ve been drinking, but a wedding marks a special day that a couple will never forget.
My sweet and beautiful friend, Hilary is tying the knot in less than a month! I could not be happier for her as I know she will truly enjoy not only her wedding day, but the days of marriage that follows the wedding. I wanted to share a few tips from my wedding day since it’s a day where so much goes on in a short 4 hour time span.
Here it goes!
• Eat breakfast! I woke up with so much excitement/nervousness/holysh*t feelings the morning of my wedding that I couldn’t even get a bite of a banana down. I did have coffee; however, I know that didn’t calm myself!
• It is okay to feel excitement/nervousness/holysh*t feelings! I felt sorta guilty that I didn’t just feel overwhelming happiness and joy leading up to the ceremony. I felt happy, of course, it was the day we’ve been planning since forever ago! But, another married friend told me that morning, “It’s normal to feel those feelings, if you didn’t then it WOULD BE weirder. “ So true. That relaxed me. Thank you! <3
• Don’t be afraid to speak up if something isn’t right. I’m not saying be a Bridezilla, but it’s okay to be a little bossy on your wedding day. I think you have a right to want things a certain way. I mean, you or your family spent a lot of money on everything so it’s important to get the most out of it. For example, my photographer finished taking our bridal party photos and instead of being creative and offering to take more, she just left it there for everyone to go to the reception. I wanted more photos, I wanted the fun photos such as everyone jumping in the air, at a different spot on the location, for example.
• Indulge yourself. Eat the hors d’oeuvre and eat your expensive dinner plate! I only ate less than half my delicious meal because I felt I needed to hurry up and go around and thank everyone for coming. I believe I could have finished my meal and still make the round around the room. I mean, no one is going anywhere!
• PARTY! This one is easy. Dance, drink a lot, and be married! <3
Thank you, Christina for all of your tips!! I know I will keep them in mind on my big day!! Please, go check out her blog and give her some love!