Today my wonderful friend Diana is sharing some of her knowledge with you! Get ready to learn how to create awesome PinWorthy images to help drive more traffic to your site! Yay!
Investing in a Pinterest marketing strategy was one of the best things I could do for my blog, why? Because you get traffic long after your post has been published!
Of course, the key to getting your images repinned can be hard for most people – with these tips you’ll soon be getting your images repinned in no time!
1. Make sure your images are the right size
I can’t tell you how many bloggers make that mistake. Either their images are too small or too short. Pinterest favors TALL IMAGES. This means that you need to make sure that your images are the right size.
Take a look at this example, notice anything in particular? All of these images are attention grabbing, and they are the perfect proportion.
According to Pinterest, the best aspect ratio for Pinterest images is between 2:3 and 1:3.5, with a minimum width of 600 pixels.
That means that:
A 2:3 aspect ratio could be
600 pixels wide by 900 pixels tall
800 pixels wide by 1,200 pixels tall
2. Have an attention grabbing headline
What does this mean? Think about it this way, what would you click on : A delicious cake recipe, OR Make a delicious cake in 15 minutes or less! (With just 3 ingredients!) People don’t want to pin boring titles – just like they don’t want to see a huge “snippet”of your post. Your photo headline will make all the difference between someone being really interested in what they can learn from you, or someone just simply scrolling past your photo.
3. Your photos matter, choose nice ones
Pinterest is filled with many gorgeous photos, these photos have been edited to look their best – whether it’s with a filter, a photoshop action, or it’s a stock photo that has been purchased by the blogger. Post only your best photos. This is important. You have to stand out from a sea of gorgeous photos. Now, you might be thinking, “I don’t have expensive software, there’s no way I can compete!” I’ll let you in on a little secret, there are many sites where you can get gorgeous photos for FREE and there’s an amazing site where you can edit those photos at.
Get amazing free photos here
2. Death to the stock photo
Edit your photos here
How to make a Pinterest graphic using Canva
Open up Canva and click, “Make a new graphic”. You’ll see that they have tons of options for social media posts. Click on PINTEREST GRAPHIC.
2. Upload your own photo. I used a photo from death to the stock photo or you can use any photo that you have. Make sure that it’s a nice photo meaning it’s bright, and not dark.
3. Now go to TEXT, we will need to add some text to our photo! Canva has some great FREE options, they are templates that you can easily manipulate. I chose a simple one. I didn’t like the color, so to edit the color simply click on the circle and there should be a color pallete. Choose the color you want! In this case, I chose pink.
4. After I chose pink, I quickly clicked on “Add Text” and entered in the text. Voila! You’re done. Of course, you can choose a different color, I think black and white would have matched this picture perfectly… but I wanted to make it pop with the color pink.
Hopefully you guys enjoyed this tutorial! For more tips on how to improve your blog + Graphic design tutorials follow me on twitter at : twitter.com/thecoffeedate . You can visit my wordpress website at : dianasadventures.wordpress.com
Thank you Diana for sharing your wisdom with us!! I know I learned a lot!