My Time with Family

Hi Lovely!

My sister left earlier today so Fletch and I have been taking it easy today. It’s been a pretty busy week! My sister, Melissa, brought her girlfriend and two sons to visit and it was amazing spending quality time with them. Our dad even came up from California! They live in Florida so we don’t get to see each other as often as we’d like. I was able to take a few days off from work which was really nice! I took Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday off of work so I could enjoy some touristy activities with the family.

Family Fun Center

Our first day together we visited the Family Fun Center in Tukwila, WA. It was pretty cool! The kids obviously loved it. They ran around, played arcade games, went bowling, and we all played mini golf together. I’m so glad I was able to share a fun day with such a great group of people. After a busy day, we ate at Cheesecake Factory and Fletch and I went home to sleep.

Museum of Pop Culture & Pike Place Market

On Thursday we visited the Museum of Pop Culture. They had a new Marvel-themed exhibit that we all wanted to check out. We were at the museum for the majority of the day and enjoyed lunch there. It was nice seeing my nephews get excited about the different Marvel movie props and costumes. It was really cool. After the museum, we headed over to Pike Place Market.

It took a while to find parking so we arrived right as most of the shops were closing. On the plus side, I was able to snap a photo with my Dad and grab a grilled cheese sandwich from Beechers. Completely worth it to me. After that, we went back to Melissa and Mel’s hotel and got dinner at Duke’s Chowder House. It was absolutely delicious!! Fletch and I went back to Tacoma and fell asleep almost immediately. (lol)

Funko HQ

Our last day together was spent at the Funko Headquarters in Everett! Everyone made their own monsters in the DIY Funko pop area and did a lot of shopping. We grabbed lunch before heading back to Seattle to meet my Dad. Melissa and Mel packed up the boys for a sleepover at my Dad’s hotel so they could have a date night. Dad was staying in Tukwila so Fletch and I met up with him and the boys for dinner before going to Round 1 to burn off some energy and play games. It was another long day so Fletch and I headed home after Round 1 and crashed almost immediately.

Wrap Up

It was an absolutely wonderful week with family. We made new memories, took lots of photos, and ate a lot of yummy food. It’s going to be really hard to go back to work tomorrow!! Now my family is all home and Fletch and I spent the day resting. It was a lovely week but also very tiring.

What would you do if you visited Seattle?

Leave some love!