I have a feeling that 2016 will be a year for trying new things. When I got to thinking about what types of things I want to try out I thought a bit about subscription boxes. It is a way to find new things and try out new things without the pressure of figuring out what to try yourself. So, I set out to do some research and find some subscriptions I thought might be fun.
After extensive online hunting I gathered 10 subscription boxes I’d like to try. I avoided subscriptions where they send you stuff and then you choose to buy it or not. For me, it just kind of seems like a waste of money. I like the thrill of searching online to find cute stuff I like and paying someone else to do it more me just seems wasteful. I mean, how would I spend my weekday nights if I did that?
So lets get into it!!
- FanMail – FanMail is a subscription box that features items from your favorite fandoms. As their website says, “each box is tied together with an overarching theme and contains items that commemorate the pop culture that we know and love.” I know I’d love to receive awesome items from my favorite fandoms!
- Kawaii Box – You may already know from the subscription box title that this box features super cute kawaii items. Brought to us by Blippo, this super-cute box includes 10-12 cute kawaii items from Japan or Korea. You are sure to get a box filled with items you love.
- Bark Box – Your best four-legged friend receives 4 – 6 natural treats and fun toys every month in the Bark Box subscription box. As someone who loves their dog like another human being, I like the idea of treating them every month.
- Fandom of the Month Club – Another awesome fandom subscription box is Fandom of the Month Club. Every month you get 3-4 handpicked pieces with a specific fandom theme that arrive in a super-cute hand screen printed muslin bag. What?! How awesome is it that they take all that time to hand make pieces? Love that!
- Pusheen Box – When I spotted the cuteness that is this box I squealed out-loud. This box is all things Pusheen, that adorable little grey illustrated cat you see all over the place. I love pretty much everything Pusheen so receiving a box filled with kitty cuteness sounds right up my alley.
- Sock Fancy – You may know by now, but in case you don’t, I adore fun socks. It is my own way of adding a little pizzaz to an outfit. This subscription delivers fancy socks right to your door!
- OwlCrate – I love this idea!! Every month you are shipped a new young adult themed box that includes a book and 3-5 other book-related keepsakes.
- The Fan Empire – Another fandom related subscription, because I am a huge nerd. In this box you will receive 4-6 fandom related items handpicked by fellow fandom nerds all with you in mind.
- Hero Crate – Every month you will receive a super-awesome t-shirt along with hero-related goodies.
- Fanspirations – In this nerdy box you receive 3-11 items and you get to pick your theme. WHAT?! You choose your interests and that is what they focus your boxes around. I know Birchbox does that but I haven’t seen any of the product related boxes do it. I love that you can customize it.
- Q Box – The Q Box is so cute!! You get 6-9 full-size products and premium items from Japan and South Korea. Some of the boxes in the past included a Totoro, Gudetama, and Rilakkuma.
So those are the subscription boxes I hope to try out in the future. Are there any that I didn’t include that you think I should check out?! Tell me about it!
I recently started a YouTube channel and one of the things I want to start doing is unboxings. If that is something you’d be interested in just let me know.